Do you have the skills needed to be a top recruiter? Well now you are going to find out. Today we are going to be providing a list of the most essential skills needed to make life as a recruiter, as provided by one of the UK’s most leading recruitment to recruitment companies…
The great news is that in many ways it is easy to be given a chance to work in recruitment. However, thereafter it is all down to you and what you make of it. If you are successful in recruitment you will find that it is incredibly rewarding, but is it for you? These are the skills that you need:
- Salesy nature: If you have no interest in selling it goes without saying that recruitment is not for you. You must have passion for selling and want to sell. You must be able to make even the simplest of things sound amazing and present opportunities in the greatest ways.
- Match making: Have you ever set two of your friends up on a blind date to find that they are perfect for each other? These are the kind of skills that you need. You should hold the ability to match people together in ways better than ever imagined.
- Communication skills: You must be a good communicator and love to talk. You must be able to convince people that you are happy whilst chatting even when you really want to be in bed. You must not be shy and you must love asking questions.
- Positivity: You must boast a positive attitude and be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel in all situations. You must always look at the good and not the bad. You will notice that for every yes, you get several no’s, but you need to be able to focus on the yes’.
- IT literate: Like with most jobs a lot of recruitment job aspects now take place on computers and online therefore you need to know your way around a computer. Successful recruiters know how to used candidate tracking systems, job boards, online networking platforms, and other technologies well. LinkedIn for example is like a second home to many recruiters.
These are only some of the skills in which recruiters need too – Do you think that you have what it takes? If you think that it could be your dream job, then we would definitely advise that you give it a go and see what you think. After all, what have you really got to lose?